King Edward VII (r. 1901-1910) was the eldest son of Queen Victoria. Born in 1841, he became king upon her death in 1901.
He married Princess Alexandra (1844-1925) daughter of Christian IX of Denmark.
Edward and Alexandra had five children who lived to grow up:
1) Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence died in 1892
2) Prince George Frederick, who became
King George V upon his father's death
3) Princess Louisa Victoria, who married the Duke of Fife. Thier daughter would marry in 1913 to Prince Arthur of Connaught (Sargent drew him in 1911)
4) Princess Victoria Alexandra
5) and Princess Maude Charlotte,
who married Prince Charles of Denmark, later King Haakon VII of Norway.